Translate

Sunday 11 March 2012

Self Hypnosis helped me to sleep

MY SOLUTION TO SLEEPING WHEN FIRST GRIEVING FOR MY DAUGHTER:

When my daughter Karen died suddenly,  I thought I would never stop my mind racing.
How was I to sleep? I knew the importance of sleep. I knew that just a few nights without sleep can cause mental health problems. I needed to sleep and would never take drugs. I did not even realise at this time that stopping Temazepam suddenly a few days before her death, may have been implicated in why the accident happened. (Story about Karen was published in The Guardian ).

MY SOLUTION TO SLEEPING WHEN GRIEVING FOR MY DAUGHTER:

  • I avoided caffeine after lunch time. 
  • I had a warm bath just before bed (this brings blood to right temperature to assist sleep)
  • I used lavendar oil in a burner or in the bath
  • I used SELF-HYPNOSIS the link is to an NHS web site not a commercial site!
  • I drank herbal tea before going to bed, camomile or tranquility tea or sleep-easy infusion tea - works wonders!
WARNING - DO NOT STOP TAKING ANY MEDICINE SUDDENLY 
Many medicines, including some pain killers, tranquillisers, sleeping pills antidepressants and other psychotropics can trigger serious withdrawal reactions. Sleeping pills can be addictive and may harm your health

  •  For withdrawal advice about benzodiazepines,  and z drugs (like zopiclone) - tranquillisers and sleeping pills see Professor Heather Ashton's Withdrawal Protocol on www.benzo.org.uk
  • For Professor David Healy's SSRI withdrawal protocol email APRIL at SSRI at april. org. uk (email address displayed in this way to avoid spam).
  • For information about reducing antipsychotic drugs see www.comingoff.com

No comments: